Jennie got a haircut. Nothing too new, she has been getting them since she was probably around 18 month old I guess. We have pretty much the same kind of hair, dark brown, straight and THICK. We get it from Dad. We know this from the mid 1970 pictures of Mum and Dad where his long shiny locks totally outshine Mums.
We also have similar kinds of haircuts. Not the same but both wear it cut into a "bob" (I had it first , she copied) Unfortunately we both have very grey hair especially for our age. We get that from Both Mum and Dad (joy!) Anyway this premature greying ( I started to find the cursed greys around age 15) means we are both dark haired, as in which ever shade of dark brown we choose.
Now, as is the common theme you might be picking up here on our lives being a little different, Jennies chosen shade of brown is picked from a big book with loops of hair samples in it and along with the haircut takes a good couple of hours in a comfy chair whilst drinking a cuppa and reading a glossy mag.
My chosen colour has been the same for a good number of years. Its called 118 Nice and Easy, takes about 5 rushed minutes in the bathroom to apply while holding the door shut to stop small people joining me on the glue sniffing experience that is home hair colouring . Once on its followed with a head wrap to help the colour develop. Its a pretty effective and dead sexy head wrap that looks like a plastic shopping bag secured at the front with a peg. Of course its not actually a plastic bag and peg its a ...ok it is a plastic shopping bag and peg but the babies are getting used to it and don't run to Dad crying every time I exit the bathroom any more.
I , being a multitasking cosmopolitan career woman with kids, always return to my busy life while leaving the colour to do its "thang" and plan the salon experience around other thing to be time effective so you'll find me cooking tea, hanging out washing (blah) with said sexy plastic bag on my head getting beautiful (aka fit to leave the house, sort of) Removal of hair dye is scientific indeed and is performed nude in the shower with the the conditioning waiting time used to clean the shower. I have always been very careful to lock the door at this point because should my husband ever walk in to the bathroom at the exact moment I removemy clothes but still have the plastic bag on my head... well, I fear we would have many more children as that is one very HOT look.
So my hair needs doing ...again. I am not overly fussy on my appearance mainly cause its a waste of time, not much is gonna help me but I try not to walk around with grey hair as nobody believes I am only 32 with brown hair so looking like a female Richard Gear doesn't help the cause at all. I always think a colour goes on a bit nicer on freshly cut hair so I usually fly down to the hair dressers get a quick cut ( go with wet hair , get it cut, no cuppa no blow dry, see ya next year ) then I come home and colour it , somewhere with in the next week.
When Jennie turned up yesterday with her fresh salon do, as you do, I remembered I had hair I just hadn't seen it because I have been tying it up and, I have smashed all the mirrors in the house ( joke) That's when I realised it had been a while...
How long you ask? Well, Neddy boy is 8 months old and I have had one haircut. I have coloured it though so I don't need to change my name to snow white just yet.
It kind of explains though why my "bob" is in a pony tail.
I just don't understand how I didn't notice it wasn't styling quite right when I blow dry it.
Oh hang on it's been a while I guess since I blow dried it. How long? Well Neds 8 months old so...
No comments:
Post a Comment